Search For A Recipe

January 31, 2008

Curd Rice or Bagala Bath



Nothing is as comforting and filling as curd rice. When I was in chennai, I used to go to "Grands Sweets"(famous sweets stall in chennai) just to have curd rice(they used to give everyone for free as a sample). It was so delicious that I wanted to make it just like they did. I have heard that their secret ingredient is - butter. Yes they add butter and mix it with rice, yogurt and other flavour enhancing ingredients like grated ginger, greenchllies, hing, curry leaves, grated cucumber and coriander leaves. Once in a while you can enjoy this meal without any feeling of guilt!

Measurement:

Cook one cup of rice and add a table spoon of butter while mixing yogurt and other ingredients.


2 comments:

  1. Adding butter to curd rice is one thing I have never heard :) Try pani paakaren!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Your feedback is very much appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...