Search For A Recipe

September 29, 2008

Okra & Pearl Onion Curry


I am sending this recipe to Sunshinemom's FIC Green event.

I love Okra. I also love pearl/baby Onions. Somehow it did not strike my mind to combine these two lovely veges together. Of course I have made Okra subji with big onions. After looking at
Bhawana's "Okra with baby onion" recipe, I was too tempted to try this combination in my own way. Needless to say, it was great and I enjoyed every bite of it with Rice and Sambar.

Ingredients: Okra-1 pound
Baby Onions-1 cup(peeled)

Salt

Chilli powder-1/2 tsp

Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp

To Tamper:
Mustard seeds-1/2 tsp

Jeera-1/2 tsp

Oil-2 tbsp


Method: Heat oil in a pan. Tamper with mustard seeds and jeera.
When they crackle, add baby onions. Fry for a couple of minutes.
Then add chopped okra, salt, turmeric powder, chilli powder and fry till okra gets roasted.

Yummy curry is ready to go with rice or roti.

21 comments:

  1. Excellant ..new 2 me.. will try..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow looks tempting and gr8. Will try this soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely dear. Thanks for trying and ur feedback.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love okra...and this combination sounds interesting...looks yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two of my favorites. I still haven't learnt to cook the okra without the slime inspite of repeated tips from everyone. Hope I get there one day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. New combo indeed !! looks lovely.I also love both the veges.Shall definitely give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely green color.You could send this to FIC hosted by sunshinemom..

    ReplyDelete
  8. with pearl onions, it must be a great combo .. looks lovely

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love okra made anyway ..Its my favorite one looks very tasty....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks lovely..I love Bhindi and onion combination..Thanks for posting

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okra and pearl onion.... Nice and different combo. Look so good. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you liked my sweet corn soup..You can omit the apflour.I just added it to thicken the soup.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks great, very new to me. Thank you for dropping by, yes the Ricotta cheese is very much like kalakand.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Am studying now Mahimaa.Will be joining mba soon.Can I have ur email so that we could contact using that.I keep track of blogs using google reader.

    ReplyDelete
  17. beautiful looking okra curry mahima

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks Mahima for participating with my favourite vegetable! The pearl onions should have lent a lovely flavor to the curry.

    ReplyDelete
  19. we can use chow chow instead of white pumpkin..
    thxs for ur comments..

    ReplyDelete
  20. these r my fav too...pearl onions nd bindi makes lunch perfect...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Your feedback is very much appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...