Search For A Recipe

September 27, 2008

Instant Wheat Dosa

I found an interesting recipe from My Kitchen (click here for the recipe)this morning when I was wondering what to make for breakfast. I tried her wholemeal pancake recipe(which I renamed as wheat dosa). I liked it and I am sure I will make it more often. Only thing I did not add was ginger garlic paste. Otherwise I followed the exact recipe. Thanks for sharing the recipe! I will jot down the recipe here so that I can refer to it anytime.

Ingredients:
Wheat flour-2 cups
Besan flour-2 tbsp
Salt
Chilli powder-1/2 tsp
Hing-a punch
Turmeric powder-a pinch
Jeera-1/2 tsp
Onions chopped-1/2 cup
Tomato chopped-1
Coriander leaves chopped-1 tbsp
Ginger garlic paste-1/2 tsp(optional)

Method:
Mix everything with water to dosa batter consistency.
Make like regular dosas.
Serve with podi or chutney.

10 comments:

  1. I make this very often, and love it. Especially because it is quick, easy and very tasty. All the goodness from the whole wheat atta is just an added bonus.
    Love your pic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks dear. This is the first time I am making this. Never heard of this wheat flour-onion tomato combination before. Yeah as you said, it is quick, easy and tasty..

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for trying it dear & also for ur wonderful comments... just now saw the dates milk shake on ur blog... i liked it a lot... will try it soon...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice entry.. willtry it soon.. nice pic.. thxs for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Mahimaa, got your comment on my blog... thanks so much! That was very sweet of you! It will be our little secret :)
    So I am not publishing the comment... since I don't know if the results can be made public. Hope it is allright... So as I said it will be our little secret. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Anisheetu for visiting my blog.

    Thanks Sripriya for your comments..

    OK Divya.. we will keep it as a secret.. let us wait and see:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved this dosa Mahimaa,an excellent,quick and healthy one...and loved your dates milk shake too..looks delicious...will give it a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i have never had wheat doda ... very quick .. must try it

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey mahima...tried ur instant wheat dosa recipe...and the instant sambhar for b'fast today...turned out well:)) tx...cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi,
    I made this recipe for the first time today and had never heard about it before. I must confess it was one of the best things I ever had and I am going to make it more often!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Your feedback is very much appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...