Search For A Recipe

September 28, 2008

Sesame Rice



I think I am in the mood to try out others recipes these days :-). This recipe is by Usha of Veginspirations. I made it after a really long time. I had almost forgotten about this recipe until I saw Usha's post recently. I loved it! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Ingredients:
Cooked rice-sufficient for 2 people

Salt

To dry roast and grind:

Sesame-3 tbsp

Dhaniya-1 tbsp

Red chillies-3


To tamper:

Mustard seeds-1 tsp

Jeera-1 tsp

Hing- a pinch
Curry leaves-a few sprigs

Urud dal-1 tsp


Method:

Cook rice and cool.

Dry roast the above ingredients and grind to a fine powder.

Heat oil in a pan, tamper the above mentioned ingredients and switch off the gas.
Add rice, salt and ground powder and mix well.
Serve with pappad or curd.

8 comments:

  1. So did you use Brown or White rice?
    Looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used sona masuri(white rice)..i have never cooked brown rice at home..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi mahima.. nice entry... looks delicious...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like it turned out perfect...I am so glad you liked this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mahima, love this dish. Very healthy! love the use of sona masuri rice, which I am not able to get here:-( I've switched to Andhra Kolam as of now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Usha and Shreya, thanks for your comments! What is Andhra kolam? never heard of it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes... i remember really liking this recipe too.. haven't tried it yet. Looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Your feedback is very much appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...