Search For A Recipe

October 8, 2008

Badam Kheer - Foolproof method

Making badam kheer doesn't have to be a tedious process. I made it in 10 minutes. I also made sure that it is low in fat. This and green mung sundal are my offerings to goddess Saraswathi today.

Serves:2

Ingredients:
Almonds-1/3 cup
Evaporated milk-1 cup
Low fat(2%) milk-1 to 1.5 cups
Cardamom-a pinch
Saffron- a few strands
Sugar- as needed(I added about 2.5 tbsp :)) or condensed milk
Method:
Soak almonds in hot water for 20 minutes and peel the skin.
Grind almonds with little water to make a thick paste.
In a deep vessel, add 1/4 cup of milk and ground paste and simmer it for 5 minutes until raw smell of the paste goes off. Now add evaporated milk, saffron, cardamom, rest of the milk, sugar and simmer for another 5 to 8 minutes.

This is my entry to JFI Festival treats hosted by Srivalli.

15 comments:

  1. wow, i love badam kheer. Badam is good for health. Nice you offered it to God on this auspicious day.I
    WISH YOU,ANUSH AND ALL YOUR BLOGGER FAMILY ALL WEALTH, HEALTH AND HAPPINESS.
    APPA

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too love badam kheer. dellicious and wel presented one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this ...looks delicious..happy dusshera

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love badam kheer and that is a super fast recipe.. that evaporated milk should've helped :)
    Happy Dusshera Mahima.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Badam kheer is one of my faves...looks delicious, Happy Dusshera Mahimaa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Badam kheer looks so ricy and delicious.Happy Dassera to u and ur family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously girl! You made me a world of good. Never knew how to make a proper badam kheer. I always ended up with too much or too little almonds! And it tasted blah...
    Happy Vijaydashmi to you and your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. a very easy way...sure beats my older method!thanks for sharin girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eppo vareenga veetukku? And yeah it is my own recipe... irukardha ellathayum kotti, kindi edho oru peru vechaen! He he he.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow Mahima looking very tempting :). delicious kheer. bookmarked it :). I have never made this so far. will try now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Badham kheer looks delicious Mahimaa.I have never made one..Will try this..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Appa, thanks for your blessings.

    Sowmya, Usha, Laavanya, Anjali, Sangeeth, Bhawana and Divya - Thank you so much.. badam kheer can't be any easier than this :)

    Anudivya, Seattle varappo solren.. unga veetuku varaama pomaten :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thats so lovely..thanks for sending the entry!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Your feedback is very much appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...