Search For A Recipe

February 17, 2008

Bombay Bread Sandwich



Ingredients:
White Bread

For filling:
1. Boiled and smashed potatoes + salt + pepper + a pinch of garam masala powder
2. Green Chutney - Grind a handful of coriander leaves with equal amount of mint leaves with salt, 1 clove of garlic, 1/2 tsp lemon juice, green chilli. (Instead of adding water while grinding, I add a table spoon of olive oil)
3. Sliced veges like cucumber, onion, tomatoes.

Method:
Apply green chutney on one bread. On the other bread, layer mashed potatoes-garam masala mixture and raw veges.
Place one bread(with green chutney) on top of the other bread(with potatoes and veges).
Cut into two and serve. It is optional to toast the bread lightly.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know no idea how much I missed this street food from my childhood in india. I completely forgot it had green chutney too.
    Thanks for this recipe. It may be a humble sandwich but it tastes awesome and many Indians have their childhood memories attached to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was in Bombay in the eighties and this was my favorite sandwish.... tastes awesome ...so true reminds me of my childhood in India

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Your feedback is very much appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...